Adsense

Friday 9 October 2015

Folksy Friday. Inspirational Pieces.


Folksy Friday is a great excuse to browse through my favourite shops and find new shops to follow as well. This week I have been looking for pieces which make me feel inspired and just generally make me feel good. I've enjoyed making this list and found it very up lifting reading all the messages and slogans which crafters have chosen for their pieces.

1.The first piece I want to show you is a ring which when worn just looks like any ring but like most good things it's what is on the inside that counts. I've been thinking of getting a ring like this for my wedding band.
The inside of this ring can have anything you like wrote within, (as long as it is no more than 12 characters long) Personally I would chose the date I met my fiancĂ© as my hidden message, but you could chose a name or quote which is significant to you.
Made by Becky Pearce Designs, this talented lady has a beautiful shop full of jewellery delights. Worth a visit.
£28.00
 


2. This next shop, Pixiecraft, could be a featured folksy Friday all to it's self. It is full of inspirational pieces and is one shop I often find myself checking. I could have picked any of her work but I went with this one, I think it speaks to me!! I think maybe I should adopt this saying as my mantra and I'd probably get more done instead of procrastinating!

£20.00

3. In my last item I was talking about needing to adopt the mantra but with this one I can say I already live by it. It's easier said then done but everyone should believe in them themselves, you don't know what you can achieve you do.
This piece by Glamglass Gifts and Supplies is simple in design but it's simplicity gives emphasis to the words.
£10.00


4. Another good motto to live by is the one on this next piece by Blue Forest Jewellery. I see these words a lot on just about anything these days but they still have meaning.
This positive message comes on a double faux suede cord in purple and fastens with bronze findings.
If you take a look through their shop there are other colours of the suede if purple isn't your thing.

£8.00

5. Lastly on this hunt for inspiration is this calligraphy piece by Calligraphiser. I love the message in this piece, it's really up lifting and gives you determination to succeed. It's a quote from Coraline by Neil Gaiman.
The font is beautiful and I especially like the way the D on dragon drags up.

£20.00

That concludes the list of the Folksy Friday inspirational pieces. If you would like to buy any of these items or take a look at them just click the name of the item under each picture.

 

All opinions expressed in this post are my own points of view.
 
Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment