Adsense

Friday 11 September 2015

#FolksyFriday. Geeks and gamers.


My Folksy Friday this week is going to be the second part to my Tuesday Treasury blog post (click here to read.) The theme is the same and will be geeks and gamers.
As always I will chose five items from Folksy.com to feature and I will give a short description of why I chose it and who made it. To be take a look at the piece just click on the title below the product picture.

1. The first piece is a Star Wars inspired cushion. My partner is a Star Wars geek and I'm sure he would like this so it had to be included. I love the use of colours which gives this piece, by Stitches and Stitches, a cheerful feel to the design and helps the images pop out at you.

£12.00
 
2. Staying with Star Wars now with this comical mug. I love how it reminds me of a Banksy picture and it made me laugh when I found it which is always a bonus! It's by Barry D Bulsara Fine Art Print Maker and is hand decorated on the 9cm x 11cm (including the handle) mug. I think I may need to keep this designer in mind for Christmas in a few months time.
 
£10
 
3. The third item in this geeks and gamers Folksy Friday is this interesting necklace by Nanfan Jewellery. I love the design of this bracelet with the copper circuit board design and the wrap round bracelet, it looks like a piece I would get asked about if I wore it. It has the perfect mix of beauty and intrigue.
Also if the turquoise wrap isn't doing it for you, there are other colours to chose from. 
 
£25.00
 
We're nearly at the end of this Folksy Friday now so just a quick reminder that if you see anything you'd like to buy just click on the title of the item under the picture and you'll be taken over to Folksy to the item you want.
 
4. The fourth piece I have chosen is this set of 3 miniature canvas. I found this Ghostbusters print whilst searching for a birthday gift for my brother. I'm always impressed how much detail you can get into these little designs and this one is no exception. It's a scene from the end of Ghostbusters the movie and The Teeny Tiny Canvas Co even provide you with the little easels to stand them on. Each canvas measures 9 x 7cm and the easel is 12cm.
https://folksy.com/items/6703943-GHOSTBUSTERS-Dont-Cross-the-Streams-Collectible-Triple-Mini-Canvas-Easel-Set
£24.00
 
5. The last piece in this list is for the old school gamers. I love the quirky goggle eyes on this ghost from the famous Pacman games. For those in the know, this is Blinky the red ghost but there is also all the other ghosts or Pacman available in Glamglass Gifts and Supplies.
I love this game, and this piece sums up the fun you have playing it!
 
£6.50
 
 
That concludes the list of the Folksy Friday Geeks and Gamers. If you would like to buy any of these items or take a look at them just click the name of the item under each picture.

 

All opinions expressed in this post are my own points of view.
 
Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment