Adsense

Saturday 6 June 2015

Featured item. Wedding Leaf Earrings and Necklace set.

Sundays are featured item day at Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog. Every Sunday I pick an item from my shops at Folksy.com and Etsy.com and write a short post about the item. This week is the Wedding Leaf Earrings and Necklace Set.


The story behind this set is that it started out life as just earrings, which I had listed in my folksy shop. There made from a Tibetan silver leaf charm and small 4mm Swarovski crystals with nickel free ear hoops.



They caught the eye of a lady who loved them and was going to be a bridesmaid for her friend. After trying on the dress she felt they where perfect except for one thing. They needed a necklace.
So I set to work and made the simple necklace which mirrored the design of the earrings.


Then, silence, she stopped replying all together. About a month later I got a reply eventually, the bride had had a melt down and decided she hated her bridesmaids dresses and changed all of them, so now the newly made set wouldn't be needed.
The thing I learned from this is always take a deposit. This way if your customer changes there mind you haven't lost out, it also makes the customer more committed to the sale.


If you would like to buy this wedding leaf earring and necklace set it is £19.99 with £3.20 UK postage and packaging. I also can post aboard.
It will come to you wrapped and in an organza gift bag.

I've also recently added a new Weddings section to my Etsy shop click here to see

You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links


Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment